Where can I Get A Dog Wheelchair
I happened to have dinner last night with a friend of mine who has a disabled dog. She was telling me that her dog was getting pretty sick and couldn't walk as well as he used to. Her dog is a beautiful and friendly German Shepard, who they adopted years ago from the Police Department in their town.
Where can i Get a Dog Wheelchair #WherecaniGetaDogWheelchair
He is really just the sweetest thing you could ever meet. But, about a year ago, they'd noticed that he wasn't able to move his hind legs as he used to. He was having trouble running, jumping, and even laying down, the poor guy couldn't get comfortable.
They decided that they would bring him for a visit to the veterinarian. He was diagnosed with spinal degeneration. They were heartbroken and did not know what to do.
Conditions Treated With The Dog Wheelchair
Before deciding to use a Best Friend Mobility Wheelchair for Dog , your dog should have the use of his front legs. This device is for giving your dog support of his hind legs.
Some of the conditions that your dog may be able to use a doggie wheelchair:
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Degeneration
- Hip Dysplasia
- Chronic Arthritis
- Partial or Full Paralysis of Hind Legs
- Neurological Difficulties
- Spinal Injuries In Lumbar or Thoracic Regions
The Best Friend Mobility Dog Wheelchair really works for any condition that weakens his hind legs.
Dog Wheelchair FAQ's
Some things to consider :
- Can my dog still use the stairs with the wheelchair? Provided your dogs front legs are strong, they may be able to handle one or two steps, either way. Unfortunately, your dog will not be able to go up or down an entire flight of stairs without help. Please make sure that you block stairways to avoid any accidents.
- Will my dog have trouble learning how to walk again, once he's out of the wheelchair? Actually, your dog will not have many problems at all when returning to his normal walking or running. Because his front legs are in use the entire time that he's using the doggie wheelchair, he will probably return to walking on his own immediately.
- Will my dog be able to relieve himself when he's using the wheelchair? Your dog will have no difficulties urinating or defecating while he's in his wheelchair. However, if he should have an accident and soil the chair, it is made of neoprene, so it can easily be cleaned up.
- Can my dog lie down while in the wheelchair? A smaller dog will not have a problem, but your larger dog will have to be taken out of the wheelchair when he wants to lie down.
- Can my dog be left unattended while in his wheelchair? Your dog should not be left unattended while using his wheelchair. Because it is a new experience for the dog, should it fall over, or the wheels get stuck, it would leave your dog with a bad experience. For that reason, it is recommended that you use his leash when walking him.
- Will a wheelchair work with my dog? That depends on your dog's personality. Since dogs are a lot like people, some dogs may reject the wheelchair, because they are afraid of it, or because they are stubborn.
- How long will it take for my dog to get trained to use the wheelchair? Usually it only takes a few days for your dog to get used to using the wheelchair, but in some cases, your dog may take a little longer and may need more training. Once he does, he will love the freedom the wheelchair provides.
No matter what the reason is that your dog may need a wheelchair, it is a great product to have if he has hip dysplasia, arthritis, a neurological impairment, or is partially paralyzed in his hind legs.
Dog has a new leash on life
Using his Mobility Dog Wheelchair
Watch how this device from Best Friend Mobility has changed these animals whole personality. These animals have not walked on their own in a while and are so happy when they have their wheelchair, they can start to explore and roam again!
Now, you are ready to get a dog wheelchair, right ? As I mentioned earlier that Best Friend Mobility wheelchair is one of the best in the market, still there are some other options as well. You may check our Dog Wheelchair Reviews for easy choosing .