How To Choose The Best Ramps For Wheelchairs – Reviews 2018
Now that you have known what goes into choosing a wheelchair, it is the time to help you choosing best ramps for wheelchair that meet all of these criteria.
Table Of Contents
- 6 Best Ramps For Wheelchair 2018 Reviews
- 1. EZ-ACCESS, Threshold Ramp, 1 Inch (3 Pounds), Indoor and Outdoor Use
- 2. HomCom 6' Folding Portable Suitcase Mobility Wheelchair Threshold Ramp
- 3. Silver Spring 1-1/4" High Aluminum Mobility Threshold Ramp for Wheelchairs, Scooters, and Power Chairs
- 4. EZ-ACCESS, Suitcase Ramp Signature Series, 3 Feet (14 Pound)
- 5. Titan Ramps 7' ft Aluminum Multifold Wheelchair Scooter Mobility Ramp portable
- 6. Rage Powersports SCG-3 Single Fold Mobility/Utility Ramp
- Things To Consider Before Buying Ramps For Wheelchair
- Features Of a Good Wheelchair Ramps
- Final Note
6 Best Ramps For Wheelchair 2018 Reviews
1. EZ-ACCESS, Threshold Ramp, 1 Inch (3 Pounds), Indoor and Outdoor Use
You understand how important it is for you to get outside every early in the morning to get that glossy gold sheen from the sun rays.
Well, that is 'gonna' happen when you access the doorway using a threshold ramp. And Ez-Access ramp has proven to be the best, for that simple reason.
The ramp is 34 inches wide; that means it will accommodate your mobility device every quickly, and you can move with it very easily.
You can use this ramp on your doorways, sliding door and raised landings. One thing that you need to know about this ramp is that it is used on slightly raised floors or landing.
The ramp also has an interchangeable component that can accommodate the threshold from 3/4 to inch to 6-inch height.
What does this mean?
Well, it means the ramps come in different heights that can accommodate the steps that you need. But to get those extra inches, you will need to pay extra which will better cater for all your needs.
You may be wondering how much weight this device can support. The ramp can support up to 600 pounds. Meaning it is perfect for everybody that has more or less pound.
You also need to remember that you can only use the ramp for small steps. That means if you have motorized chair you can't use it.
2. HomCom 6' Folding Portable Suitcase Mobility Wheelchair Threshold Ramp
There is one problem that every wheelchair user faces when they want to buy a ramp. And that is...will this thing go over the edges when it is not lined correctly making me fall. The first day when you try any ramp, this is usually the worry.
But there is a wheelchair ramp that won't make you guessing or having these negative thoughts. And that is HomCom 6' folding portable threshold ramp. When you order this ramp, you will see a couple of things which I would like to show you.
It comes with guard rails on each side, the purpose of this is to prevent you from falling on the edges while you are driving your motor scooter or any mobility devices. The most important thing about this ramp is that is it made of aluminum material. Which makes it anti-corrosive and strong.
In short, what all this means is that you have a ramp that is durable and sturdy. You can ideally stay with this wheelchair ramp for more than two years before going to the market to get another one.
When you look at the surface of the material, it has a high-tractions. That means you have zero chance of sliding or slipping. That also explains why it is desirable for all weather conditions.
Because it is portable, you will feel great about going with it everywhere. All you need is to fold it and pack in in your car.
3. Silver Spring 1-1/4" High Aluminum Mobility Threshold Ramp for Wheelchairs, Scooters, and Power Chairs
I love this wheelchair ramp, but it has one caveat.When you order one, you have to assemble it to be rock solid. You will have screws all over to mount so that it can be strong. And sometimes when you assemble it wrongly, you get the injury.
For me, I would love the ramp that I can easily fold and carry it everywhere because I am an outdoor person.But I wouldn't say that it is an awful wheelchair ramp, it is just personal preference. So here are a couple of things that you may need to know and find it if it meets your needs.
The ramp can accommodate maximum weight limit of 600 pounds. That means your caregiver, and you will perfectly fit inside.The wheelchair ramp is constructed using a sturdy aluminum material that has zero tolerance on corrosion.
With this material, you can save lots of money because it is durable and you will stay with it for long enough.Something that few wheelchair ramps have.
The question is... who can use this ramp? Well, if you have a wheelchair, scooter, walker or cane. You will enjoy the benefit of having this ramp on your doorway or any area around your home.
One more thing that makes this ramp desirable.The ramp comes with pieces to attach it to the wood at the bottom of the facing. Having this will make sure that you have no wiggling or any movement.
4. EZ-ACCESS, Suitcase Ramp Signature Series, 3 Feet (14 Pound)
Want even to have more confidence when cruising up and down? The EZ Access SUITACESE wheelchair ramp promises immediate access to places that are unreachable.
The good news is that it is one of the ramps that can be used everywhere. It doesn't matter if you have a place that has 5 or 6-inch rise.The ramp delivers what it promises. If you look at the weight capacity department, the ramp can accommodate 800 pounds. It doesn't matter how many kilos you have, all you need to know is that you will get where you want.
The fact that the ramp is portable that means you can go for any outdoor activity with your caregiver without getting worried about how you will get inside the car.
Let us talk about what the company did with its design.On the traction side, the company made sure that this ramp has a slip-resistant tread. Now this means one thing.First, you won't slip or slid even if you placed the ramp outside and it got rained on, you will just pass easily with that mobility devices.
5. Titan Ramps 7' ft Aluminum Multifold Wheelchair Scooter Mobility Ramp portable
Want to reach even greater heights? Consider owning the 7 foot Aluminum Multifold Wheelchair.It has all you need to keep you accessing all the places that you need.
With it comes the 2.5 angled tip that has holes to secure the ramp in place. In short, you are going to achieve smooth entrance and exit without feeling any wiggling at any point.
You will only enjoy using this ramp if you have a scooter or a wheelchair.The design of this ramp makes it impossible to walk in it. In fact, it is strongly recommended not to walk on it.The ramp weighs about 46 pounds that you can easily carry with one hand and fold it over.
The same weight of the ramp can hold a maximum capacity of 600 pounds. This will make you even safer when you move on it.
Here is one feature that you will love about this ramp. It has a slip resistant grip surface that makes your wheelchair even more stable with sliding over. With that surface, it makes it easier to use in all weather conditions.
6. Rage Powersports SCG-3 Single Fold Mobility/Utility Ramp
Happens to be one of the best portable ramps for wheelchair. If you need a wheelchair ramp that is bigger, consider this one.Because it the ramp is 24" long and the width is 29". It is very light and strong.
It also has built-in carrying handle; you can easily move it without needing a little help from your assistance.
What I like about it is that you can use it for many things apart from the wheelchair. You can use it to traverse between stairs and steps, with a power scooter and manual wheelchair.
You have seen other ramps that are a brainer when it comes to set up. This one is a bit different because you don't need to assemble anything.
The surface of the ramp is made up of solid stainless, aluminum steel that will make sure that it will stay with you for longer.
If the ramp could have been at least 5 or 6 feet long, it would be used for entering and exiting vehicles.But it is made for doorways and other entrances that have small steps.
Things To Consider Before Buying Ramps For Wheelchair
It will mean a lot to you when you know that you are living like ordinary people. That is moving, and accessing things like normal people do without being restricted to a particular place.
Or having to yell at your caregiver every time and again. Here is what you need to know to choose the best wheelchair ramp.
The Types Of Wheelchair Ramps That Will Give You Smooth Access Everywhere You Need To Go.
If I may ask? What do you need a wheelchair ramp? Where do you need to place it? These are some of the questions every wheelchair user has.
Fortunately, I want to walk you through some of the wheelchair ramps that you need to know. Then afterward, you can choose the one that perfectly suits your needs.
1. Threshold Wheelchair Ramp: It is used in doorways or places that have a slightly raised surface. To choose the best one, go for one that is anti-slippery and has a high-traction.
2. Shower Ramps: From the name alone, you will know that these ramps are used when you want to access the bathroom. They are used to eliminate barriers that exist at the forefront of when getting into the shower.
3. Doorway ramps: They are of two types. Solid and panel ramps. These are used to facilitate large rise.
4. Portable ramps: Ramps like this help in exiting or entering the vehicle. One standard feature with them is that they can be folded easily like a suitcase and you can carry them on the back of the car.
When choosing one for your needs, you need to pay into consideration the total weight of the ramp. It should be stable enough to accommodate your mobility device and you.
Features Of a Good Wheelchair Ramps
1. Weight: The weight of the ramp that you choose should accommodate three things. That is the weight of your wheelchair, yourself and your caregiver. Most wheelchair ramps will usually weigh around 300 to 600 pounds which are fine. But the more weight the ramp has, the more stable it.
2. Wide: Well, it will depend on the size of the wheelchair and the extra room that you will need to get around the ramp, together with your assistance. Aim for a ramp that has a width of 36 to 42 inches, which will make sure that you are comfortable.
3. Base Area: The area where you will be placing your ramp needs to be stable enough to accommodate the regular use of the wheelchair.
4. Slopeness: How steep should your ramp be? The slope should be exact with the incline limits of your wheelchair.
As general rule use: If you are the kind of person that rides up and down the ramp while you are seated, you will require 1 foot of the ramp for every inch of rising. If you are a person who walks alongside your mobility devices, you will need about 1 foot for every 3 inches.
There are so many ramps for wheelchair for homes, the 6 ramps that we have reviewed are the best in the market.They make movement easier.
One more advice. It is advisable to have at least two wheelchair ramps. One for entering or exiting vehicles and one for the opening of the doorway.